Based in Zaandam, The Netherlands
WarpThrough is a fast paced action game where you can’t attack until you stop moving. Balance going through warpholes and keeping the monsters in check, make split second decisions to dodge your foes or take them down and help Charlotte, Three, Ebbie and Manor to stop the monsters infestation! WarpThrough captures the exciting gameplay from old arcade games, as well as taking inspiration from indie classics such as Towerfall Ascension, Super Crate Box and Downwell. Introducing ‘not moving’ as an action combines movement and combat in a unique way that's easy to learn, but will take you a while to master. As monsters keep on spawning, nimbly dodging foes will get you overwhelmed by enemies later. But as your goal is to get through warpholes, just taking out monsters won't cut it either. Begin the story as Charlotte, a hot-headed teen eager to punch anything that’s in her path. Work with your dad to stop the monsters invading your world, and unlock new levels, items, and characters along the way.
WarpThrough started as a practise project in college, but never went beyond a single enemy in a Unity prototype. After being put on hold for two years, it seemed the be the perfect first project for the newly founded developer Roofkat, planning to finish WarpThrough in a year with a single person to work on it. 8 Months into development now, the game has been shown at numerous events, from the Dutch Game Garden’s network lunches, to Devcom’s indieshowcase and the Indie Arena Booth at MAG, and received a lot of positive feedback. Many players returned numerous times during the events, and continued to play a lot longer than they expected.
- Unique combat, where not moving is a core action
- Hostile dimensions to warp through, each with their own monsters to face
- Unlockable characters, with their own attacks and individual playstyle
- A charming, character focused story, brace the dimensions to save your friends (and stop the monsters!)
- A dog. His name is Ball
- And much more: Local multiplayer, weekly challenges, items, etc.
WarpThrough: Halfway through development YouTube
WarpThrough pre-alpha trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official selection MAG 2018" Officially selected exhibitor at the Indie Arena Booth at MAG 2018
- "not moving for about a second charges up an attack which can then be unleashed by pressing up, down, left or right, immediately annihilating any and all in range. (...) Fun? You bet ya."
- Wraithkal, Wraithkal.com
- "When can we expect a playable version of Warptrough? 😅😍😎😫 I need it! 😅🙃"
- FishC0p, Twitter
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Roofkat is an indie game developer that loves experimenting with controls and creating new, interesting gameplay experiences.
More information on Roofkat, our logo & relevant media are available here.